Sunday, 29 April 2012

Scott Lenhardt // Twenty Four Hour Woman



'Twenty Four Hour Woman is a one-a-day calendar not unlike the popular Far Side calendars of the ’80s. It’s a simple idea that is meant to celebrate the woman caught in the act of whatever it is she is doing, one day at a time. This nude series started as an exercise a few years ago in my studio as a way to warm up my brain, get my hand moving and help ease any seriousness that might have been floating around. Each day of this 5″ X 4″ (approx.) tear-off calendar contains a different little drawing of a naked lady doing something different for every day of the year. I have spent the last year and a half illustrating the limitless list of activities and tasks and have done my best to do so with love and honesty.' - Scott Lenhardt